VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top round steak (3/4 inch thick and 1-3/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Broil beef for 6-8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook until preserves are melted. Set aside 1/2 cup; brush remaining sauce over steak.
- Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice meat on the diagonal; serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Round Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p37
Reviews forApricot Round Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2010
"Tastes good, easy. Meat a little tough, may want to marinate."