Apricot Round Steak Recipe
- 1 beef top round steak (3/4 inch thick and 1-3/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Broil beef for 6-8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook until preserves are melted. Set aside 1/2 cup; brush remaining sauce over steak.
- Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice meat on the diagonal; serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot Round Steak
Sort By :
Tastes good, easy. Meat a little tough, may want to marinate.