- 1 beef top round steak (3/4 inch thick and 1-3/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Broil beef for 6-8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook until preserves are melted. Set aside 1/2 cup; brush remaining sauce over steak.
- Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice meat on the diagonal; serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Round Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apricot Round Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review