Make these easy sweet-savory scones a family project. Baking them is a delightful way to show your love on Mother's Day. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Recommended: Genius Foods to Pack for Your Next Plane Ride
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter until the size of peas. Stir in apricots and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream until blended. Stir into flour-butter mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-in. square. Cut into four squares; cut each square into four triangles. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
For topping, combine egg and milk. Brush tops of scones with egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat in a preheated 350° oven 20-25 minutes, adding time as necessary to heat through. Yield: 16 scones.
Originally published as Apricot-Rosemary Scones in Taste of Home April/May 2017
Reviews for Apricot-Rosemary Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review