Apricot-Ricotta Stuffed Celery
“This healthful protein filling can double as a dip for sliced apples. I often make it ahead, so kids can help themselves to an after-school snack.”
Dorothy Reinhold - Malibu, California
25 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 dried apricots
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- Place apricots in a food processor. Cover and process until finely
- chopped. Add the ricotta cheese, brown sugar, orange peel and salt;
- cover and process until blended. Stuff or pipe into celery. Chill
- until serving. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 12 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.