Apricot Rice Stuffing
This fruit rice stuffing accompanies roast duck as part of our traditional New Year's Day dinner. It's also an attractive side dish to serve alongside Cornish game hens and chicken. —Katrina Forar, Lakewood, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in the rice, apricots, parsley and seasonings. Transfer to a
- greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30
- minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.