- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, apricots, parsley and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Rice Stuffing
"This rice dish is a nice complement to the Glazed Cornish hens as pictured. I used diced dried mango and it was received by ALL at Easter dinner!"
"This stuffing recipe is a really nice complement to orange glazed roast duck. I think it would also pair nicely with any other roasted poultry. My son even tried it, and he is very picky. I'm planning on making this to accompany a roast turkey breast at my next family gathering."
"Don't waste your time."