Apricot Rice Custard Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large saucepan, cook rice according to package directions. Stir in milk, sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir 1/2 cup into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 15 minutes or until mixture reaches 160° or coats the back of a metal spoon (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; stir in extracts and cinnamon.
- For sauce, drain apricot syrup into a small saucepan. Chop apricots; add to syrup. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce and custard warm or chilled. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Rice Custard(5)
Sort By :
This stuff is really good! I made this a few years ago and I still remember how it tastes. I should make it again soon!
This stuff is really good! :)
I also made this when it first came out, and it won rave reviews by everyone who tasted it. We call it "heavenly!" It is delicious!