Apricot Rhubarb Conserve Recipe
- 8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Place apricots in a bowl and cover with water; soak overnight. Drain and place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar, rhubarb, orange and lemon. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 220°, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. . Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 103 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Apricot Rhubarb Conserve
"the flavour was really good, but too sweet, I did cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. Will def do this again."