Apricot Rhubarb Conserve Recipe
- 8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Place apricots in a bowl and cover with water; soak overnight. Drain and place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar, rhubarb, orange and lemon. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 220°, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. . Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 103 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Apricot Rhubarb Conserve
"the flavour was really good, but too sweet, I did cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. Will def do this again."