Apricot Rhubarb Conserve Recipe
"I originally made this conserve to use on breads and muffins, but I've also found it makes an excellent sweetener for my tea," relates Laurae Fortner-Welch of Big Lake, Alaska.
- 8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Place apricots in a bowl and cover with water; soak overnight. Drain and place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar, rhubarb, orange and lemon. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 220°, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Apricot Rhubarb Conserve in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p9
Reviews for Apricot Rhubarb Conserve(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2012
the flavour was really good, but too sweet, I did cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. Will def do this again.