Apricot Raisin Rugelach Recipe
My Rugelach makes a classic addition to holiday trays. The flaky, buttery pastry slices encase a spiced fruit and walnut filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Shape into four 5-in. logs; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll one log into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with about 1/4 cup spreadable fruit; sprinkle with 5 tablespoons walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over the top. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Repeat. Chill.
- 3. Place roll-ups seam side down 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with cream; sprinkle with remaining sugar. With a serrated knife, make 1/2-in.-deep cuts 1 in. apart on roll-ups. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into slices. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 120 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Apricot Raisin Rugelach
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC