- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Shape into four 5-in. logs; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one log into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with about 1/4 cup spreadable fruit; sprinkle with 5 tablespoons walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over the top. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Repeat. Chill.
- Place roll-ups seam side down 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with cream; sprinkle with remaining sugar. With a serrated knife, make 1/2-in.-deep cuts 1 in. apart on roll-ups. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into slices. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Raisin Rugelach in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p61
Reviews for Apricot Raisin Rugelach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review