Apricot Pumpkin Cake Recipe
Apricots mixed with pumpkin quick bread mix makes a simply delicious moist cake.
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (14 ounces) pumpkin quick bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Set aside 1/2 cup dried apricots for garnish. In a small bowl, soak remaining apricots in hot water for 5 minutes; drain well. Puree in a food processor or blender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, water, eggs, oil and pureed apricots. Stir in canned apricots. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with pecans and reserved apricots. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 568 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Pumpkin Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC