Apricot Pumpkin Cake
Apricots mixed with pumpkin quick bread mix makes a simply delicious moist cake.
9 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (14 ounces) pumpkin quick bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Set aside 1/2 cup dried apricots for garnish. In a small bowl, soak
- remaining apricots in hot water for 5 minutes; drain well. Puree in
- a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, water, eggs, oil and
- pureed apricots. Stir in canned apricots. Pour into a greased 11-in.
- x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost cake with
- cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with pecans and reserved apricots.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 568 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.