Apricot Pot Roast Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon water, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil on all sides. Add the carrots, sweet potato, celery, onion and rosemary. Pour apricot nectar and 1 cup water over beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- 2. Remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounces cooked meat with 1 cup vegetables equals 479 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Apricot Pot Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.