Apricot Pork Roast
Serve this delightful pork roast with rice or mashed potatoes and veggies. We like leftovers with gravy, served on buns the next night. —Patricia Defosse, Wilmington, Delaware
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine
- preserves and broth; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8
- hours or until tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring
- liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup gravy equals 337 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.