After Sunday evening service, I like to serve a pork roast that slow-cooks with flavorful jam and veggies. The amazing aroma draws everyone to the table. —Lisa James, Vancouver, Washington
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into wedges
- 7 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves, divided
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and 3 tablespoons water. Microwave, covered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, onion and beef broth. In a small bowl, mix salt, garlic, thyme, sage and pepper; sprinkle half over vegetables.
- Rub remaining seasoning mixture over roast; place over vegetables. Spread half of the preserves over roast. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with vegetables and remaining preserves. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Pork Roast with Vegetables in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p54
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apricot Pork Roast with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review