Apricot Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine preserves and broth; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Pork Roast(11)
Sort By :
This was very bland! I even added some cloves, but it didn't help much. The meat was tender.
it was dry, bland and the apricot gravy was horrible. I wouldn't even let me dog eat it. Wow!
I thought the flavor was a little weak, I added a few whole cloves to give it a bit more zip, I think the broth added too much liquid and diluted the apricot taste.
Why didn't mine turn out good? My roast was way overdone and I only cooked it for 5 hours on low. I'm going to shred the rest and heat it with bbq sauce. At least it won't go to waste.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >