Apricot Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into eight slices
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Pound pork slices with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Brown pork on each side. Remove pork from pan, reserving drippings.
- 2. Add preserves, green onions, vinegar, mustard and remaining butter to pan; bring just to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-4 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 3. Return pork to pan; cook until pork is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Pork Medallions
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.