Apricot Pork Chops
"The pork and fruit flavors blend wonderfully in this entree that seems like you fussed," writes Mrs. Thomas Allison of Redmond, Washington.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the
- bone; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, apricots, salt and pepper. Add 2
- tablespoons water; toss to coat. Stuff chops.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil. Combine vinegar and remaining
- water; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 547 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.