- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the bread crumbs, apricots, salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons water; toss to coat. Stuff chops.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil. Combine vinegar and remaining water; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Pork Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p11
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apricot Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review