Apricot-Pistachio Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
I ordered an entrée similar to this at the local museum café and liked it so much I decided to make something similar. At the museum it was served as a filling for a sandwich made with lettuce, tomato and thinly sliced red onion. I tend to serve it as a salad during the summer. It’s really good on a hot day.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices sweet onion
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce, tomato, onion and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Pistachio Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra July 2008, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apricot-Pistachio Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2013
This sandwich is a nice change from ordinary chicken salad & the kick from horseradish adds interest!