- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped dried apricots or dates
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur, optional
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a thick rectangle; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, water, remaining sugar and, if desired, liqueur; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in pecans if desired; cool completely.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Evenly spread half of the apricot mixture over each rectangle to within 1/2-in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Pinwheel Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p44
Reviews for Apricot Pinwheel Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2012
OH MY GOSH!!! These are so good I couldn't just eat one. A little extra work, but so-o-o worth it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pinwheel Cookies >
- Potluck Desserts >