Apricot Pineapple Jam
Dried apricots, crushed pineapple and grapefruit juice create a memorable jam. "The juice is what makes the jam taste so good," says Carol Radil of New Britain, Connecticut.
40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 12 ounces dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 3 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until apricots are very tender.
- Mash. Add pineapple, grapefruit juice and sugar. Simmer, uncovered,
- for 1 hour or until thick and translucent, stirring frequently.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about
- 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no longer than 24
- hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.
- Yield: 5 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe does not use pectin.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.