Apricot Pineapple Ham Recipe
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pineapple preserves
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Score the surface, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Pour pineapple juice over ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Uncover; brush ham with preserves. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on ham, securing with wooden toothpicks. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and then ham is heated through. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 10-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 355 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,106 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer