Apricot Pineapple Ham
Tired of mixing up messy glazes to put on ham, I tried this simple recipe a few years ago. Young and old alike complimented me on the lovely, sweet and juicy ham - and I've prepared it this way ever since.
-Cathy Neve, Yakima, Washington
10-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pineapple preserves
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems
- Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Score the surface, making
- diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Pour pineapple juice over ham. Cover
- and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Uncover; brush ham with preserves. Arrange pineapple slices and
- cherries on ham, securing with wooden toothpicks. Bake, uncovered,
- 25-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and
- then ham is heated through. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 10-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 355 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,106 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer