"This is one of my favorite grill recipes. The glaze is sweet, tangy and addictive, and the shrimp tastes great over rice, on salad or as an appetizer.” Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 28 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 14 pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 14 pieces
- Place first seven ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until blended; set aside half of sauce for serving.
- On each of 14 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread shrimp, pineapple and red pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Originally published as Apricot-Pineapple Glazed Shrimp in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Pineapple Glazed Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review