- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 28 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 14 pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 14 pieces
- Place first seven ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until blended; set aside half of sauce for serving.
- On each of 14 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread shrimp, pineapple and red pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Pineapple Glazed Shrimp
Sort By :
"suggestion from magazine--For added flair and flavor, use 6-in. or longer rosemary sprigs instead of metal or wooden skewers. Be sure to soak the sprigs in water for at least 30 minutes first.Use a metal cookie cutter or paring knife to cut the red bell pepper into stars, circles, hearts or squares.Dress up your serving platter with a single layer of lettuce-such as Bibb (Boston), radicchio, Belgian endive or shredded Napa cabbage (Savoy)- before placing shrimp skewers over the top. Drizzle with dressing and serve."