- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the filling ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or
- until thickened. Cool.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each half into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Place on
- greased baking sheets.
- Spoon filling down the center third of each rectangle. On each long
- side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at
- one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch
- ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
- 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk
- to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm braids. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 163 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.