Apricot-Pecan Wild Rice
Dried apricots add sweetness and color to this dish. Seasoned with sage and thyme, the down-home dish is sure to have guests asking for seconds at your house, too.Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 pound dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and celery in oil for 5 minutes
- or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the remaining
- Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 282 mg sodium,