Apricot Pecan Tassies
The apricot filling makes these adorable little tarts extra special. They never last long when I fix them for the holidays.Paula Magnus, Republic, Washington
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until light
- and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and
- remaining butter. Stir in apricots and pecans; set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides
- of greased miniature muffin cups. Drop a teaspoonful of apricot
- mixture into each cup. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tassie equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,