- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Stir in apricots and pecans; set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Drop a teaspoonful of apricot mixture into each cup. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Apricot Pecan Tassies
Sort By :
The filling was excellent! The dough was a bit flat! Next time I will try these with only 3 tablespoons of cream cheese and add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for flavor. They did disappear in no time!
What is a Tassie? Is it some form of tart?
how much of an 8 oz. pack of cream cheese is 6 Tablespoons?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >