The apricot filling makes these adorable little tarts extra special. They never last long when I fix them for the holidays.—Paula Magnus, Republic, Washington
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Stir in apricots and pecans; set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Drop a teaspoonful of apricot mixture into each cup. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Tassies in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p45
Reviews for Apricot Pecan Tassies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review