Apricot-Pecan Stuffed Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Cut tenderloin horizontally from the long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness; remove plastic.
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, pecans, 2 teaspoons thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Add molasses and oil; process until blended. Spread apricot mixture over meat to within 3/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string at 1-1/2-in. intervals.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty foil. Place meat on a rack in prepared pan. Pour broth over meat and sprinkle with remaining thyme. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apricot-Pecan Stuffed Pork Tenderloins(3)
Sort By :
too much work
This meal was easy, quick to make, and delicious despite the numerous small adjustments we were required to make.
This meal was excellent. It did not take us that long to make, so it easily fit into our busy schedule. When baking the tenderloin, we did not know if the lid should be on the roasting pan or not. We cooked it with the lid on and it came out superb. We did not have kitchen string, so we used toothpicks instead. The jelly-like stuffing in the middle was darker in our version because we used nearly-black turkish apricots. Otherwise, it appeared just like the picture. We would submit our own picture to the website if we knew how. Overall, it was great for our family of four.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >