Apricot Pecan Sauce Recipe
I need just six ingredients to make this speedy sauce. I enjoy fixing this simple dessert for all of our grandchildren.—Eleanor Martens, Rosenort, Manitoba
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until blended. Stir in pecans, vanilla and rum extract if desired. Remove from the heat. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1 cup.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 168 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC