Apricot-Pecan Mini Loaves
Chopped nuts and a hint of apricot make these little loaves a delightful treat. Instead of preparing two mini breads, Nancy Foust bakes just one loaf in a standard loaf pan. "It's a very tasty quick bread," assures the Stoneboro, Pennsylvania baker.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup apricot baby food with mixed fruit
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat shortening and sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Add the egg, milk and baby food. Combine the flour, baking
- soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake
- at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to a wire rack. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 346 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.