Apricot Pecan Bread
Enjoy slices of this fruit and nut quick bread alongside breakfast or as a snack any time of day. One loaf won't last long!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and
- baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, orange juice and
- butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- pecans and apricots.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for
- 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 247 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.