Apricot Pecan Bread Recipe
Enjoy slices of this fruit and nut quick bread alongside breakfast or as a snack any time of day. One loaf won't last long!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and apricots.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice equals 247 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC