Apricot Pecan Bars
"A friend gave me this recipe years ago, and my grandchildren and great-grandchildren really enjoy the moist sweet bars." Verlene Hendricks writes from Roswell, New Mexico. "Instead of apricot, you can substitute you favorite preserves if you wish."
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans, confectioners' sugar,
- cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon preserves over the top.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter.
- Add the coconut and remaining pecans. Sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.