Apricot Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon preserves over the top.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter. Add the coconut and remaining pecans. Sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Bars in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p61
Reviews for Apricot Pecan Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2010
This one's definitely a keeper!
I think next time I'll mix the powdered sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg together first and sprinkle it over the dough through a sieve for more control.