Apricot-Orange Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, preserves and orange juice. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, layer 1/3 cup salsa mixture and a chicken breast. Repeat layers. Top with remaining salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until chicken is tender. If desired, thicken pan juices. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Orange Salsa Chicken(13)
Sort By :
I have made this twice. The first time I use the crockpot and followed the recipe exactly. The second time I just tried the chicken in a little oil and then drained and added the sauce (use about 1/8c more preserves)and it was better than the crock pot and quicker.
This is so good. It's now a staple at our house.
Good, unique flavor and extremely easy to make. Smelled great.
Wonderful recipe! I have made it several tiimes(tripled recipe) I use medium salsa and chicken tenders. Our company liked the recipe too. Today I used Uncle Ben's wild rice and it tasted good that way too.
I have made this great recipe several times! My picky husband loves it..Only changes that I have made---tripled the recipe and used medium salsa. I made it for company and they really liked it too. Today, I took a few of the leftovers out of freezer and used uncle ben's wild rice instead of white rice. Very good
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >