Apricot-Orange Salsa Chicken
This easy entree is just five ingredients away! Sweet oranges and apricots blend perfectly with zippy salsa in this dish from LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. Keep the heat to your liking with mild, medium or hot salsa.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, preserves and orange juice. In a
- 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, layer 1/3 cup salsa
- mixture and a chicken breast. Repeat layers. Top with remaining
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until chicken is
- tender. If desired, thicken pan juices. Serve with rice. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 427 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.