Apricot-Orange Glazed Carrots Recipe
Looking for an easy way to dress up cooked carrots, I hit on this delicious recipe. The fruity glaze complements the natural sweetness of the carrots. I've found this versatile side dish can be used with almost any meat.
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until lightly thickened. Return carrots to the pan; stir until glazed and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 98 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot-Orange Glazed Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC