Apricot-Orange Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until lightly thickened. Return carrots to the pan; stir until glazed and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 98 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Apricot-Orange Glazed Carrots
"i liked the different taste of these carrots with the apricot it gave the carrots such a sweet fruity taste, great for side dish"