Apricot Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, cut into thirds
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the marmalade, apricots, five-spice powder and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 391 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Orange Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.