Lots of lip-smacking apricot flavor makes this sweet chicken stir-fry from Sharon Warner Sunday-special! “It goes together so quickly,“ she writes from Ada, Oklahoma, “and I get rave reviews whenever I serve it.“
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, cut into thirds
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the marmalade, apricots, five-spice powder and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Orange Chicken in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Orange Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review