Apricot Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In anther bowl, combine the oats, apricots, butter and boiling water; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in eggs, milk and orange peel if desired. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 183 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Apricot Oatmeal Muffins
"I love these muffins. We like the apricots but I've used a variety of dried fruits with delicious results as well. Dried cherries, cranberries, or apples are good. Dried fruit mixes are also available and work very well."