"Our family enjoys all types of muffins, including this tempting apricot variety," informs Nelly Smees of Hopewell, Nova Scotia. "I like that they can be stirred together in a jiffy for a breakfast treat or anytime snack."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In anther bowl, combine the oats, apricots, butter and boiling water; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in eggs, milk and orange peel if desired. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Oatmeal Muffins in Quick Cooking December 2000, p39
Reviews for Apricot Oatmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2009
"I love these muffins. We like the apricots but I've used a variety of dried fruits with delicious results as well. Dried cherries, cranberries, or apples are good. Dried fruit mixes are also available and work very well."