- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In anther bowl, combine the oats, apricots, butter and boiling water; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in eggs, milk and orange peel if desired. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Oatmeal Muffins in Quick Cooking December 2000, p39
Reviews for Apricot Oatmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2009
"I love these muffins. We like the apricots but I've used a variety of dried fruits with delicious results as well. Dried cherries, cranberries, or apples are good. Dried fruit mixes are also available and work very well."