- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, oil and egg substitute until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until blended (batter will be thin). Fold in the apricots and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 15 muffins.
Originally published as Apricot Oat Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p61
Reviews for Apricot Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review