Apricot Oat Muffins Recipe
"Not only are these muffins quick and easy, but they're good for you, too," writes Roland Long from his home in Silver Creek, Washington. They're nicely seasoned with pumpkin pie spice and dotted with bits of dried apricots and chopped walnuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, oil and egg substitute until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until blended (batter will be thin). Fold in the apricots and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 15 muffins.
Originally published as Apricot Oat Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p61
Reviews for Apricot Oat Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review