Apricot Oat Bars
With an oat-filled crust and golden crumb topping, these apricot-filled bars are sweet and chewy. "Snackers can't resist my fruit treats," tells Dorothy Myrick of Kent, Washington.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda
- and salt. Add oil and apple juice; stir until moistened. Set aside
- 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated
- with cooking spray. Spread the apricot fruit spread to within 1/4
- in. of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake at 325°
- for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 bars.
Nutritional Facts: One bar equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.