- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil and apple juice; stir until moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread the apricot fruit spread to within 1/4 in. of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews for Apricot Oat Bars
Sort By :
"I've made these with one small change, I used 10 oz of strawberry conserves instead of the apricot spreadable fruit. It increased the nutritional info slightly higher calories, carbs, etc. But well worth it I think. My husband loves them! When packaging them for his lunch, I noticed that they reminded me of the smell of strawberry Poptarts. I asked him if they tasted similar and he said yes, if Poptarts tasted better. :) I am not a fan of anything strawberry, but plan on trying them again with apple butter and pumpkin butter. I think I will probably even be able to decrease the amount of brown sugar used because of the increased amount of sugar in the fruit butters verses the spreadable fruit."
"sounds great on paper. came out terrible. would not make it again. could not serve it to company"