With an oat-filled crust and golden crumb topping, these apricot-filled bars are sweet and chewy. "Snackers can't resist my fruit treats," tells Dorothy Myrick of Kent, Washington.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil and apple juice; stir until moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread the apricot fruit spread to within 1/4 in. of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Apricot Oat Bars in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p9
Reviews for Apricot Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review