Apricot Oat Bars Recipe
With an oat-filled crust and golden crumb topping, these apricot-filled bars are sweet and chewy. "Snackers can't resist my fruit treats," tells Dorothy Myrick of Kent, Washington.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil and apple juice; stir until moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread the apricot fruit spread to within 1/4 in. of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Apricot Oat Bars in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p9
Reviews for Apricot Oat Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2011
sounds great on paper. came out terrible. would not make it again. could not serve it to company
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >