Apricot-Nut Drop Cookies Recipe
"Most everyone who comes to our home asks for my 'famous' apricot cookies," says Patricia Crawford from Garland, Texas. "They are really good, and I try not to eat them all myself!"
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apricots and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 163 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC