- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apricots and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot-Nut Drop Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p64
Reviews for Apricot-Nut Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
They are a new favorite, very yummy. I used mixed dried fruit instead of apricots and they were equally good if not better.
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2008
great flavor but I had a problem with some of the apricot bits getting black on the underside of the cookie