- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over apricots; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk the egg, apricot nectar and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drain apricots; fold into batter with pecans and orange peel.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature; drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Apricot Nut Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p35
Reviews for Apricot Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review